These Cowboy Cookies taste like they came from a fancy bakery! They are thick and soft and full of nutty goodness!
Do I need a stand mixer to make these cookies?
These cookies can be made without a stand mixer, but you will at the very minimum need an electric hand mixer in order to whip the butter and sugars together in the same way.
My Other Recipes
How can I make my cookies taller and thicker?
If you want these cookies to be extra thick and tall, shape the dough into balls and then refrigerate or freeze. This will help slow the spreading that occurs when baking. Baking the dough straight from the freezer will produce the tallest cookie.
What kind of oats should I use?
We recommend using quick oats in this recipe as it gives the cookies a nice chewy texture, without being overwhelming. Old fashioned oats can be used if you want an even chewier texture, but we don’t recommend using steal cut oats.
Perfect Cowboy Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, brown sugar, and sugar and mix on low using the paddle attachment. Increase to medium and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add in all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and use a large spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips, quick oats, pecans, and coconut flakes.
- Divide the dough into about 12 equal pieces. Use hands to roll into large balls. Place onto prepared baking sheets, 6 per pan.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool on pan 15 minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!