Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies are all the rage. These giant, soft, thick, warm cookies are easy to make. Why pay $4+ per cookie when you can bake them fresh at home in less than 20 minutes!
Can I make these cookies without a stand mixer?
These cookies can be made without a stand mixer, but you will at the very minimum need a hand mixer in order to whip the butter and sugars together in the same way.
My Other Recipes
Should I use milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet?
Using milk chocolate chips vs. semi-sweet chocolate chips is a matter of personal preference. Either will work in this recipe, or you can use a combination of both. If you like your cookies on the chocolate-y side…use 4 cups of chocolate chips in this recipe. If you like a ratio of more cookie to chip, then use only 3 cups.
How can I make my cookies taller?
If you want these cookies to be extra thick and tall, shape the dough into balls and then refrigerate or freeze. This will help slow the spreading that occurs when baking. Baking the dough straight from the freezer will produce the tallest cookie.
Can I reheat these cookies?
Warm gooey cookies are a must for many people. If you do not eat all these cookies in your first sitting while they are still warming no worries. You can put these cookies in the microwave for 15-second intervals until it is the desired warmness.
- Be sure to use the combination of cake flour and all-purpose flour listed in the recipe. Cake flour is more finely milled and has cornstarch cut in which gives this cookie great texture.
- Bake these cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lightly greasing a pan will give these cookies an unpleasant greasy bottom.
- Use a kitchen scale to divide the dough evenly. Each cookie should way 6 ounces.
- Once you add in the flour, don’t over mix your dough. You only want to mix it just long enough for the ingredients to get combined, nothing more.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
The Ultimate Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, brown sugar, and sugar and mix on low using the paddle attachment. Increase to medium and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add in cake flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and use a large spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the dough into 8 to 10 equal pieces. Use hands to roll into large balls. Place onto prepared baking sheets, 4 per pan.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 11-14 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool on pan 15 minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!