Cinnamon Roll Cookies take all the goodness of cinnamon rolls and combines it with sugar cookies for one outrageously delicious cookie that people go crazy for!
This cookie is a must make. It does take a long time to make as it requires two separate refrigeration times, but the effort is well worth it. This cookie is super soft and has the perfect sugar cookie dough with a delicious cinnamon swirl rolled in. It’s topped off with a cream cheese glaze to complete the cinnamon roll look and feel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to have a stand mixer to make this recipe?
No, this recipe can be made using a hand mixer as well as the stand mixer. Your dough will get rather thick so a stand mixer is the preferred kitchen tool, but a hand mixer will also work.
Do I have to use cream cheese in the glaze? Is the glaze optional?
A cream cheese glaze is our preferred glaze, but you can also use a more traditional butter-based glaze instead. Simple replace the cream cheese with an equal amount of butter, which means you’ll need 4 tablespoons of butter total for the glaze. Some prefer their cinnamon roll cookie to remain un-glazed which is also a delicious option. Use the glaze as a matter of personal preference.
If you like this recipe you may be interested in some of our other delicious cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Perfect Cowboy Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy using the paddle attachment. Mix in the corn syrup, vanilla, almond extract, and egg, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl so that everything gets mixed in.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until everything is mixed in. Divide dough into two equal pieces. Wrap dough balls in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge 1 hour.
- Make filling: In a small mixing bowl use a hand mixer to beat together butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a large 15 inch by 8 inch rectangle. Spread filling out in an even layer. Working from the long end roll the dough up tightly to form a long log. For the best cookie shape, wrap the dough logs in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour. Slice the logs into 1 inch cookies. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 2 to 3 minutes on the pan before carefully removing to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Make glaze: use a hand mixer to whip cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Drizzle over cooled cookies.