These triple chocolate cookies are rich, fudgy and decadent. They are loaded with chocolate and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Hi guys! It’s Abeer here from Cakewhiz.com sharing a recipe for these decadent triple chocolate cookies. I am not even sure how young I was when I first started making these cookies with my Mom. Now, I bake a batch at least once a month and numerous batches for family and friends during the Holiday season.
These cookies are soft and fudgy. You almost feel like you are eating a brownie. These cookies are meant for chocoholics because with each bite, you get to experience major chocolate overload! The chocolate flavor in these cookies comes from: cocoa powder, chocolate chips and a chocolate candy in the center.
My Other Recipes
My favorite thing about these cookies is how you can modify them to your liking by substituting a few ingredients:
- If you aren’t too fond of chocolate chips, use white chocolate chips or toffee chips or peanut butter chips.
- Replace the chocolate square in the center with your favorite candy. Add a Rolo or caramel or peppermint patty or a mini Reese cup.
- Roll the cookie dough ball in granulated sugar to give these cookies a crunchy sugary topping.
- If you want to enhance the chocolate flavor even further, drizzle some melted chocolate on each cookie, once they have cooled down.
See what I mean…The possibilities are endless!
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 15 Milk chocolate squares Dove, Godiva or Lindt
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out small portions of cookie dough and roll into balls. Flatten each ball and place a chocolate square in the center. Roll the cookie dough around the chocolate and form a ball.
- Place these cookie dough balls on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container or cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days (if they last that long…lol).
- The number of cookies you get from this recipe will vary, depending on how big or small you like your cookies as well as the size of the chocolate squares you use in the center. I used Dove chocolate and made 15 big cookies.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!