These triple chocolate cookies are rich, fudgy and decadent. They are loaded with chocolate and ready in less than 30 minutes.
These cookies are soft and fudgy. You almost feel like you are eating a brownie. These cookies are meant for chocoholics because with each bite, you get to experience major chocolate overload! The chocolate flavor in these cookies comes from: cocoa powder, chocolate chips and a chocolate candy in the center.
My favorite thing about these cookies is how you can modify them to your liking by simply substituting a few ingredients! If you can’t get enough of chocolate either, you should totally check out some of my other chocolate cookies like these chocolate sugar cookies OR these chocolate thumbprint cookies!
Triple Chocolate Cookie Variations:
- If you aren’t too fond of chocolate chips, use white chocolate chips or toffee chips or peanut butter chips.
- Replace the chocolate square in the center with your favorite candy. Add a Rolo or caramel or peppermint patty or a mini Reese cup.
- Roll the cookie dough ball in granulated sugar to give these cookies a crunchy sugary topping.
- If you want to enhance the chocolate flavor even further, drizzle some melted chocolate on each cookie, once they have cooled down.
Can I make the cookie dough ahead of time?
Yes! You can either refrigerate the dough in a bowl covered with plastic wrap until ready to bake, or you can roll into balls and freeze for up to 3 months until ready to bake. Simply let your dough balls thaw to room temperature before baking.
Why did my cookies turn out flat?
Flat cookies are a common baking issue a lot of us face from time to time. In our experience, the culprit is either baking soda that is too old or simply not measuring my flour well enough and under measuring. For the most accurate measuring, you can weigh your ingredients.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious cookie recipes:
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Perfect Cowboy Cookies
- Perfectly Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 15 Milk chocolate squares Dove, Godiva or Lindt
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out small portions of cookie dough and roll into balls. Flatten each ball and place a chocolate square in the center. Roll the cookie dough around the chocolate and form a ball.
- Place these cookie dough balls on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!
– Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container or cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days (if they last that long…lol).
– The number of cookies you get from this recipe will vary, depending on how big or small you like your cookies as well as the size of the chocolate squares you use in the center. I used Dove chocolate and made 15 big cookies.