These Peanut Butter Cookies come together with only 5 ingredients! Get ready for the softest peanut butter cookies you’ve ever had! Best news ever: they’re also gluten-free!
We love peanut butter cookies and their satisfying, nutty, sweetness. This recipe is ridiculously delicious, quick and easy. Seriously, we can make these cookies faster than we can get them from the store! Bonus: these goodies are gluten free, so our friends who can’t have flour can always count on us for a treat.
History Lesson: Hats off to George Washington Carver for being an important early peanut promoter. His agricultural efforts extended to cookbooks that included peanut cookies which eventually evolved into the peanut butter cookie of today—hazzah!
What if I don’t have parchment paper or a baking mat?
These turn out best with a little buffer between them and your pan, but if you don’t have parchment paper or a baking mat, just be sure to lightly grease your baking sheet.
Can I make these in advance?
Yes. This dough freezes well, so if you want to make some to have on hand, simply wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
Can I use a different nut butter?
Allergies getting you down? We understand. This recipe can work with your nut butter of choice, though it will completely change the flavor.
Can I use chunky peanut butter?
You can, but creamy is best to keep the integrity of the texture for these cookies.
If you’re looking for more amazing cookie recipes, here are some you will love:
- 6 Ingredient Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Perfect Cowboy Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Peanut Butter Nutella No Bake Cookies
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together on high until creamy and smooth, 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, spoon the dough and roll into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet and place approximately 2-3 inches apart. Use a fork to press the cookies down, creating a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to finish cooling completely on baking sheet before removing. Store in an airtight container.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!