This easy dinner recipe for Moroccan Chicken Thighs features spices you probably already have in your spice rack. Only 5 minutes of prep work yields a flavorful chicken that people rave over. You’re going to love it!
Oh baby these are addicting! Meat and potato friends: we know Moroccan food seems a bit “exotic”, but let me tell you… you’ll clean your plate and lick your fingers. Look at the ingredient list. They are probably all spices you have in your cupboard. These flavors are familiar. It’s just a combination you may not have tried before.
Put that seasoning on a chicken thigh? Oh baby! You get that crispy skin that there is just never enough of. We love the tangy zip that the lemon brings. Confession: we eat the roasted lemons too. They are just so dang tasty! And lemons are fruit right? Totally healthy. This chicken recipe can brighten up any plate with its vibrant colors and even more vibrant flavors.
This recipe is meant for chicken thighs, but this delicious Moroccan seasoning is good on any and all cuts of chicken! You can even double the amount of butter and spices and spread it over the top of a whole chicken to roast in the oven!
Tip: If you go the whole chicken route, quarter a lemon and shove as many lemon quarters as can fit into the chicken cavity. Depending on the size of your bird you should get anywhere from 2 -all 4 quarters inside.
What should I serve with Moroccan Lemon Chicken?
This tastes amazing stuffed inside of a gyro. You can also shred the chicken and add it to tacos and protein bowls. If you stick with the original recipe, we love these thighs with a side salad, grilled corn on the cob, and roasted potatoes.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. We prefer to shred leftover chicken while still warm and store in a zip top bag or airtight container in the fridge to use for lunches. Reheat shredded chicken in a skillet over medium-low heat, or whole pieces of chicken thighs in the microwave or a 350 degree oven until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious chicken recipes:
- Oven Roasted Peruvian Chicken
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Cajun Chicken Drumsticks
- Crispy Fried Chicken
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Moroccan Chicken Thighs
- 8 large chicken thighs
- 2 lemons
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut one of the lemons into thin slices. Cut the other into wedges. Places the slices on the bottom of of the glass pan.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Rub down each of the chicken thighs with the spice mixture getting both beneath the skin and on top of the skin. Place the chicken thighs in the glass pan on top of the lemon slices.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the the chicken. Toss the wedges in between the chicken thighs.
- Cut the butter into 8 little clumps. Place 1 clump on top of each chicken thigh.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until chicken reaches the safe temperature of 165 degrees.