This easy dinner recipe for Moroccan Chicken Thighs features spices you probably already have in your spice rack. Only 5 minutes of prep work yields a flavorful chicken that people rave over.
Oh baby these are addicting! I know my meat and potato friends assume they won’t like something “exotic” like Moroccan food, but let me tell you… you’d clean your plate and lick your fingers. Look at the ingredient list. They are probably all spices you have in your cupboard. These flavors are familiar. It’s just a combination you may not have tried before. Put that seasoning on a chicken thigh? Oh baby! You get that crispy skin that there is just never enough of. I love the tangy zip that the lemon brings. Confession: I eat the roasted lemons too. They are just so dang tasty! And lemons are fruit right? Totally healthy. This chicken recipe can brighten up any plate with its vibrant colors and even more vibrant flavors.
- 8 large chicken thighs
- 2 lemons
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 glass pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut one of the lemons into thin slices. Cut the other into wedges. Places the slices on the bottom of of the glass pan.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Rub down each of the chicken thighs with the spice mixture getting both beneath the skin and on top of the skin. Place the chicken thighs in the glass pan on top of the lemon slices.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the the chicken. Toss the wedges in between the chicken thighs.
- Cut the butter into 8 little clumps. Place 1 clump on top of each chicken thigh.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until chicken reaches the safe temperature of 165 degrees.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!