If you’ve followed my blog for any length of time you know that we love to eat chicken thighs. Season it, toss it in the oven while you make some sides, and you’ve got yourself a finger-licking good meal. It’s easy and delicious. And did I mention that it is cheap? You can buy chicken thighs for under $1 a pound. We like that ’round here. This is an easy meal that gets devoured every time. I even make it for my brothers who swear they don’t like chicken on the bone…and then they gobble it up. I guess they only like it if it is delicious! This recipe isn’t too spicy, but it is full of smokey flavor with a bit of heat and then some zip from the lime.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 40-45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
8 chicken thighs
2 limes, to juice
3 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tablespoons butter
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Lay out the chicken thighs in the prepared pan, skin-side up. Squeeze the lime juice all over the meat.
3. Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle generously over the meat.
4. Divide the butter up into 8 little clumps. Place 1 clump on top of each chicken thigh.
5. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes. Finish off under a broiler for extra crispy skin.