Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs have the most tender and juicy meat, with perfectly crisp skin. This is such a family favorite, we can’t get enough of it!
I know it feels like boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the coolest thing since sliced bread. I mean, they are everywhere right now. But we can’t get enough of the tender, juicy dark meat that chicken thighs have to offer. So often chicken is overcooked and dry, and you never know what you’re going to get when given chicken at dinner. Rest assured, these crispy oven baked chicken thighs are everything you’ve ever wanted out of a piece of chicken. It doesn’t get any better than this!
This recipe is so versatile, you can prepare any cut of chicken this way. Are you a drumsticks lover? Us too. Chicken breasts? Leave that bone in and skin on and you’ll never see chicken breasts the same again. You can even cut up a whole chicken and use it all in this recipe! Pair it with your favorite sides, like a good mashed potato, grilled corn, and crusty baguette, and you have yourself a to-die-for meal! Don’t take our word for it though, get cooking!
Can I use any cut of chicken?
This recipe does not discriminate. You can use any and all of the chicken here, from wings to breasts. For juicy meat and crispy skin, keep the bone in and skin on.
What should I serve with Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs?
Keep things old fashioned and serve with creamy mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable on the side. Also, good bread never disappoints on the side of oven baked chicken.
Can I cook vegetables with the chicken in the same dish?
Single sheet pan recipes save SO much extra time and effort. So long as your dish is large enough, you can easily add cubed potatoes or any other vegetable. Just make sure to toss your veggies in oil first and check appropriate cooking times so you don’t under or over cook them.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious chicken recipes:
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- Easy Garlic Lime Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Crispy Fried Chicken
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan or 3 quart baking dish.
- Trim the chicken thighs of any excess fat or skin. Place chicken thighs directly into the prepared dish, skin side up.
- Drizzle chicken skin with olive oil and rub to coat.
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly on top of chicken thighs.
- Roast chicken in the preheated 450 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and brush the tops of each piece of chicken with the juices from the pan. Place under the broiler setting for 1 to 2 minutes to finish and add extra crispiness to the skin.