Maple sausage, sweet chunks of apple, bits of sage, and the sharp flavors of provolone cheese combine together in this easy dish for a super flavorful breakfast or brunch dish. You can make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight, or whip it up and bake it right away. Either way you are going to end up with a delicious strata. It’s a complete breakfast casserole with an elevated flavor.
Prep Time: <15 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour
**Can be prepped and refrigerated overnight before baking.
My Other Recipes
6 English muffins, halved
1 lb ground maple sausage
1 sweet onion, diced
2 apples, cored and diced
8 sage leaves, minced
2 cups half and half
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. Line the bottom of the dish with english muffin halves, cutting them as needed to fit.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground sausage with the onion until sausage is brown. Add in diced apple and sage and cook another 3-5 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir in shredded cheeses.
4. Stir sausage mixture into egg mixture and pour over english muffins.
***At this point you can cover the dish and refrigerate it over night.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until set.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!