This easy meatloaf recipe is for cheese lovers only! There’s an entire 8 ounce brick of ooey gooey melted cheddar cheese in the middle of this Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf that takes it over the top!
People have raved over my Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf for years. I figured it was time to bring you a new one. And I have to say, this may be my favorite meatloaf yet! This easy meatloaf recipe may quickly become a family favorite?
Can’t handle the heat?
That’s okay! You can easily leave the jalapeno out of this meatloaf recipe to keep the heat out of the kitchen. Jalapeno adds extra flavor and heat, but this meatloaf is still delicious without it.
Plain bread crumbs or Italian style bread crumbs?
This recipe calls for plain bread crumbs and the addition of Italian seasoning. If you have Italian bread crumbs, feel free to use those in place of both!
What kind of ground beef should I use to make meatloaf?
When it comes to meatloaf, you don’t want to use ground beef that has too high of a fat content or your meatloaf will be greasy. Use too low of a fat content and your meatloaf may dry out. The best meatloaf is made with an 85/15 fat ratio. You can find the fat ratio listed on your package of ground beef.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in some of my other meatloaf recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef 85/15
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 jalapenos minced
- 8 oz brick cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, milk, egg, worcestershire sauce, and minced jalapeno. Knead until combined.
- Divide meat in half. Shape one half of the meat into the bottom half of the loaf and place in prepared pan. Place cheddar cheese brick in the center. Shape remaining half of meat as the top half of the loaf, sealing the edges. This is a free-form loaf so it doesn’t need to be perfect.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour over shaped loaf to coat. Lay sliced jalapenos out on top of the meatloaf to garnish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 80 minutes until cheese is completely melted and meat reaches an internal temperature of a minimum of 160 degrees F.