Use up all those summer zucchini in this easy and healthy zucchini bread recipe. We’ve amped up the nutrition and kept it tasting better than ever!
Is zucchini bread good for you?
That depends on what recipe you use. My recipe has been designed to be a yummy and healthy treat. While other peoples recipes that you may find tubs of butter and oil in them and are filled to the brim with sugar. If you are looking for a Healthy zucchini bread that you can feel good about snacking on, then this is the recipe for you!
Do I need to peel zucchini for zucchini bread?
No, you do not need to peel the zucchini. You can peel the zucchini if you really want to, but there is no need and it would be a waste of time. This is because the grated zucchini gets softer when you bake it making the skin of the zucchini perfectly softy.
How many zucchini do you need for 1 cups shredded?
Because all zucchini are different sizes this a hard question to answer. 1 medium-sized zucchini should yield you about 1 cup of grated zucchini. That being said it is always better to be on the safe side. If you can buy two medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini you will be better off.
If you like this recipe, then you may be interested in these other delicious quick bread recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease one 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Pour in applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in grated zucchini. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!