Pork tenderloin is seared and baked in a garlic butter sauce for a perfectly tender baked pork tenderloin dinner that will have you wanting to lick the plate!
Sometimes it’s the simple recipes that are the best. This recipe is just about as simple as it gets. Pork tenderloin is seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and herbs and then seared and baked in a garlic butter. It’s simple, but it’s absolutely delicious!
How long do you cook a pork tenderloin in the oven?
The length of time needed to cook a pork tenderloin in the oven will vary depending on its thickness. Pork needs to be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F or medium rare, and up to 160 degrees F for medium. Pork tenderloin that is cooked about 160 degrees F may be a little dry. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to reach the minimum temperature if the meat has not been seared, and 10-15 minutes if seared prior to baking.
Can pork tenderloin be a little pink?
Yes! Pork tenderloin can be a little on the pink side. Pork is actually considered to be a red meat and does not need to be completely cooked through like chicken. Pork needs to be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F which will leave your pork on the pink side. This is the optimal temperature for a moist, juicy, and tender pork tenderloin.
If you like this recipe you may also be interested in these pork recipes:
- Honey Dijon Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Easy Baked Pork Chops
- Perfect Thick Cut Pork Chops
- Killer Crockpot Carnitas
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and then sprinkle Italian seasoning over.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and add in garlic. Stir 1 minute.
- Sear pork tenderloin in the butter until all sides are browned. Transfer to an oven safe dish and bake in the oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (medium rare) or 160 degrees F (medium).