Cream Cheese Wontons are the ultimate party food. Fry these up and dip in our made-from-scratch sweet and sour sauce. This favorite appetizer will be the hit of every party!
We probably say this about every season, but winter really is our favorite time of year. Snow is on the ground, Christmas decorations are hung, we’re always sipping on a warm mug of hot chocolate or apple cider, and there are so many parties with family and friends. While this winter may look a bit different than previous years, we won’t let that stop us from thoroughly enjoying holiday party food.
Everyone needs a good holiday party recipe up their sleeve, and this one can’t be beat. Cream cheese wontons are the type of party food you’d expect to just buy in the freezer section at the grocery store, but once you go homemade you’ll never go back to store-bought again. These really are that good.
Frying Tips for Cream Cheese Wontons:
- Watch your oil temperature. Use a thermometer if you have one. Don’t let the oil overheat.
- Put the oil in the bottom of a saucepan or pot with tall sides. This will let the oil pop and splash onto the sides of the pan, not on you or near any flames.
- Carefully lower your items into the oil. Never drop them because they will splash and the oil will burn.
- Be sure to seal your wontons completely so that the filling can’t escape. Make sure there are not any air pockets. If the filling escapes or an air pocket bursts you will get an annoying splattery mess.
Can I use store-bought sweet and sour dipping sauce?
We prefer the homemade variety, but if you are crunched for time or have a favorite store-bought brand, you can always substitute.
Storage, Freezing, Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. To retain crispiness, reheat in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through. Cooked wontons can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes. DO NOT attempt to fry frozen wontons.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious party food recipes:
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Parmesan Fried Zucchini
- The Best Deviled Eggs
- Cream Cheese and Avocado Wontons with Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce
- Crab Rangoons with Cranberry Sweet and Sour Sauce
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes onYouTube,Facebook Watch, or ourFacebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.