Apple season is already upon us. Can you believe it? Fall and Winter are my favorite when it comes to food. I love the ingredients that are in season. Apple sales are starting up which means you can get killer deals. Now is the time to stock up on your freezer supply of homemade apple cider. Throw it in the crockpot now, and enjoy it all the way through Christmas.
It is super easy to make a base apple cider and you can alter it slightly for different occasions. Throw in a splash of orange and cuddle up for your first fireplace start up of the winter. Add some caramel and whipped cream for a dessert drink. Whatever you decide to do, you’ve got to start with your base apple cider and this stuff is awesome. Super easy and way better than that expensive jug you buy at the store. Go buy your apples by the bushel while the season is in full swing!
Watch the video for more great tips and tricks for making this recipe. You can also check out my YouTube channel for hundreds more of my cooking videos.
Slow Cooker Apple Cider From Scratch
- 8 gala apples cored and quartered
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place your quartered apples into a slow cooker. Add in cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and allspice in there and pour in the 10 cups of water.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Mash the apples with a potato masher. Add in brown sugar. Cook an additional 1-3 hours on low.
- Strain the solids from the liquids. Discard solids and store liquids in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for later use.