Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect treat anytime, anywhere. This is an easy to make, frozen ice cream bar with safe to eat, egg-free cookie dough.
Instead of having little chunks of cookie dough in your ice cream, put some ice cream in your cookie dough! These scrumptious, frozen sandwiches combine all out favorite comfort foods. They are rich, creamy, doughy, chocolately and sweet. You can use your favorite ice cream inside too!
My Other Recipes
Do I have to chill the dough?
Yes, for the ice cream to spread best onto the dough, it should be frozen.
Is the cookie dough safe to eat?
The dough in this recipe doesn’t use eggs, so it is safe to eat without cooking. If you are worried about the flour, you can toast flour before using. Spread it out on a sheet pan and bake it in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or toast it in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
What kind of ice cream should I put in the middle?
This recipes works with your favorite flavor. I recommend something that goes well with chocolate chip cookies, like vanilla, cookies and cream, cookie dough, chocolate, or even caramel.
If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in these other delicious dessert recipes for cookie dough lovers:
- Cookie Dough Pudding
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- Double Fudge Chocolate Cookie Dough Shake
- Homemade Cookie Dough Oreos
- Cookie Dough Dip
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 3 quarts vanilla ice cream
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk in milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Use a rubber spatula to stir in flour until thoroughly combined. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer cookie dough to the prepared baking sheet and flatten until 1/4 inch thick. Use another baking sheet to press it down into an even layer of needed.
- Freeze cookie dough on baking sheet, 1 hour, until frozen.
- Remove frozen cookie dough sheet from pan and slice in half.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream onto one half of the cookie dough into a thick, even layer. Top with remaining cookie dough sheet.
- Freeze 4 hours until firm.
- Cut into individual servings and serve immediately or package in a resealable plastic bag for longer term frozen storage.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!