Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese combines your favorite caprese flavors with chicken for a quick and easy sheet pan dinner that the whole family will love! Serve plain as is over serve it over pasta.
Sheet pan dinners…what did we ever do to deserve you? Rather than paying attention to 3 separate things on the stovetop and then cleaning up that mess, we can simply throw everything in the oven at once with only one pan to clean at the end! Sheet pan dinners are a busy family’s dream. Chicken caprese is just downright delicious. It would be worth the clean up even if it wasn’t all contained on a sheet pan. Lucky for you, you get to enjoy both the amazingness that is chicken caprese and the quick clean up. We’re begging you to not skip this one. Trust us, you need this recipe on your meal plan.
We love the simplicity of cooking with chicken breasts. They cook fairly evenly, and we always have them in the freezer. However, chicken cutlets work just as well to save some time on cutting them, and you can also always use chicken thighs if you prefer.
Vegetable Options for Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese:
You can keep things classic with cherry tomatoes, or you can beef this up and add some of your other favorite vegetables. Some of our favorite veggies to add are broccoli, zucchini, and red onion wedges.
We get asked all the time about substituting fresh herbs for dried. While it is typically an option, you do not want to use dried herbs for anything caprese. Fresh basil is a must.
Similar to basil, you simply should not skimp on this one and purchase it at the store. While we’ve all done it in a pinch, you will get the absolute best flavor by making a balsamic glaze at home.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious sheet pan recipes:
Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese
- 4 chicken breasts (thinner is better)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze homemade or store bought
- fresh basil leaves , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- If chicken breast are thicker than 2 inches, slice them in half horizontally to create two breasts. Lay your chicken breasts out onto the pan.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add tomatoes around the chicken breast,
- Bake the chicken as is for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and lay the mozzarella slices on top of the chicken breast . Return to oven and finish baking until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon the cooked tomatoes over the chicken, drizzle with the balsamic reduction, and garnish with basil. Enjoy!