Tomato Avocado Salad is sweet, tangy, and so easy to make for a refreshing, healthy salad that is sure to be the hit at any meal!
Specialty salads are meant to be side dishes, but we gobble them up like they’re the main course! Get avocados involved and we couldn’t be happier (and our bellies couldn’t be more full!) Tomato avocado salad is one of these summer side dishes that we can’t get enough of, and regularly consume as an entire meal. Join us, won’t you?
Can tomato avocado salad be made vegan?
Yes! This recipe is almost vegan already, only requiring that you substitute the honey with maple syrup to make it 100% vegan.
We highly recommend you use freshly chopped cilantro in this recipe. The flavor juts can’t be beat! If you don’t have access to fresh cilantro, you can always substitute with dried cilantro, parsley, or even basil!
You can store Tomato Avocado Salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, the avocado will start to brown when exposed to air, and does not mean that they have gone bad.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious summer salad recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Tomato Avocado Salad
- 2 large avocados , pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 pint red cherry or grape tomatoes , halved or quartered
- 1 medium English cucumber , diced
- 1 medium yellow, orange, or green bell pepper , diced
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- Add avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour honey into a small microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave 10 seconds to melt honey. Whisk in olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and gently toss to combine until evenly distributed.
- Chill until ready to serve.