Caprese Avocado Salad is light, refreshing, and super easy to make with all of the flavors of traditional caprese plus avocado for added creaminess. It will be a huge hit at any picnic, potluck, or backyard barbecue!
Don’t let the simplicity of this side dish fool you. This salad is crave-ably delicious! It is simple to make and comes together in under 15 minutes. It’s light and bright and full of fresh flavors. The dressing is quite simple and and subtle.
My Other Recipes
Does it matter what kind of tomatoes I use?
This recipe calls for a combination of yellow and red cherry or grape (or cherry) tomatoes. The combination of red and yellow makes for a bright and colorful salad, but you can also use all red, or all yellow. It’s also possible to make this salad by using regular garden variety tomatoes that are diced, but the juiciness may make the salad watery and the presentation will not be as beautiful.
Where can I buy mini mozzarella balls?
Most grocery stores in the United States will sell mozzarella balls in their fresh cheese section in round plastic containers or air sealed bags. They will be located next to or near the other larger balls of fresh mozzarella cheese. Fresh mozzarella is generally located in a different section than bricks of mozzarella cheese and shredded cheese. The item you are looking for may be called mini mozzarella balls, bocconcini, or mozzarella pearls. Smaller mozzarella balls
Do I have to use white balsamic vinegar? What if I don’t have any?
White balsamic vinegar is used in this recipe in order to prevent the salad from getting a brown tint from traditional balsamic vinegar. You can use regular balsamic vinegar, but be warned that the color of the salad may be somewhat off-putting. Another option is to use another clear or light colored mild vinegar like white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar. These are not as sweet so a bit of extra honey will help balance the flavor.
Be sure to check out these other summer salads!
- Healthy Balsamic Tomato Salad
- Caprese Stuffed Avocado
- Easy Cucumber Salad
- Healthy Cucumber Tomato Salad
Caprese Avocado Salad
- 1 pint red cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 pint yellow cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 large avocados pitted, peeled, and diced
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, diced avocado, mini mozzarella balls, and basil.
- In another small microwave safe bowl, heat honey for 15-20 seconds in the microwave to thin out. Whisk together with white balsamic and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and toss to combine.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!