You are going to love the combination of roasted red bell peppers, mozzarella, and tomato. It is pretty heavenly and adds a whole new spin on caprese. I’ve made these a few times now and they are a hit every single time. Once I added bacon and, man, that was delicious. You can serve these with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, or just munch on them as is. They are super flavorful and a fun spin on the Italian classic.
More Delish Appetizers:
Southwestern Caprese Bites
- 20 fresh mini mozzarella balls bocconcini
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 6 oz roasted red bell peppers chopped into 20 pieces
- 20 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 strips cooked bacon cut into 20 pieces (optional)
- 20 to othpicks
- Drain the mozzarella balls of liquid. Pour olive oil over mozzarella and season with red pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir to coat.
- Assemble the bites by using a toothpick to skewer a tomato, basil leaf, roasted red bell pepper, bacon (optional), and a mozzarella ball.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!