Carve that jack-o-lantern and get yourself a tasty snack along the way when you make your own roasted pumpkin seeds. They are easy and delicious!
Ready to carve that jack-o-lantern? Or are you simply roasting a pumpkin to make your own pumpkin puree? Don’t let those seeds go to waste! Roasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious snack and easy to prepare. Simple remove the seeds from your pumpkin, rinse, and roast at a low heat for about 45 minutes! We recommend adding a little butter or oil for roasting.
Are pumpkin seeds safe to eat?
Yes! Not only are pumpkin seeds safe to eat, they are also good for you too! Pumpkin seeds are high in fiber and full of nutrients.
My Other Recipes
How do you clean and roast pumpkin seeds?
Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds from inside your pumpkin. Separate the seeds from the fibrous strands. All that is needed to clean the seeds for roasting is to rinse them under cold water, however, some people like to boil their seeds before roasting as well. Simply boil your seeds in clean water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry before roasting. Another option is to soak your seeds for 2 to 3 hours in cold water before roasting. Once again, drain and pat dry before roasting.
Can I roast the seeds from any kind of pumpkin?
You should be able to roast and eat the seeds from any kind of pumpkin that produces seeds. In the United States, the most common and popular variety of pumpkin is a large jack-o-lantern pumpkin that is perfect for carving.
What other flavorings can I use to season my pumpkin seeds?
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious snack and it’s easy to mix up the seasonings to give you a new and delicious snack. As written, this recipe provides a simple salted roasted pumpkin seed. We also recommend experimenting with the following seasonings:
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Cajun seasoning
- Pumpkin spice mix
- Garam Masala
- Garlic Parmesan
- Chili Lime
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Use a sharp knife to cut a circle around the stem of the pumpkin to remove and reveal the interior of the pumpkin. Use a large spoon to scrape out the seeds and fibrous strands and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Divide the seeds from the fibrous strands and rinse the seeds thoroughly. Pat dry.
- Preheat an oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle melted butter and salt over seeds and toss to coat. Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Increase the heat to 350 and bake another 10 minutes, or until seeds are golden brown. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!