Make your own healthy homemade fruit snacks at home! These easy to make goodies are packed full of both fruits and a vegetable for added nutrition. Your kids will love them!
School starts in less than a week for us! Yikes! We decided to spend one of our last summer afternoons in the kitchen making a lunchbox treat for the kids. These fruit and vegetable snacks are right up our alley. Now, they are much more like really thick jello pieces than your run-of-the-mill boxed fruit snack, but then again, these things are actually made out of real fruit and vegetables so of course they’ll be a bit different. My kids love them and they are so much fun.
How long will these last in the fridge?
These will last up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How much spinach should I add?
The amount of spinach you add will impact the color of your fruit snacks. If you add the entire 4 cups, you’ll end up with a muddled deep purple, and almost brown color so take that into consideration.
Can I use another sweetener besides agave?
Yes you can. You can use honey or sugar in the same amount. Other sweeteners may need a conversion on the amount.
Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Snacks
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 to 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups strawberries hulled
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packets unflavored gelatin
- Pour juice into a high power blender. Add in spinach leaves. Blend until smooth.
- Add in berries. Blend until smooth.
- Pour berry mixture into a saucepan. Pour in agave, vanilla, and gelatin packets.
- Heat over a medium-high flame until gelatin is completely dissolved (3 to 5 minutes).
- Line a baker’s half sheet pan or 9×13 pan with parchment paper. Pour fruit mixture onto pan.
- Let cool and refrigerate 2 hours until set. Cut and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.