These energy bars are packed with 7 different superfoods for maximum nutrition and energy. These things taste way better than any store-bought protein bar I’ve ever eaten and are super easy to make. Just 5 to 10 minutes of your time and you’ll have your very own energy bar. Store them in the fridge for a week, or the freezer for a month. They thaw from the freezer in about 15 minutes. This is a family favorite, particularly for my cyclist husband who rides 30+ miles a day. I created this recipe to keep up his energy and pack him full of food that is extra good for him. It’s exactly what he needs to fuel his exercise habits.
Superfood Protein Energy Bars
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 TB chia seeds
- 2 cups cups medjool dates pitted
- 1/3 cup protein powder
- 2 TB maca powder optional
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 3 TB cocoa nibs
- Put almonds, walnuts, pumpkin, and chia seeds into a food processor or high power blender. Pulse for 15-30 seconds until nuts and seeds are crumbly.
- Add in medjool dates, protein powder, blueberries, and cocoa nibs. Process or blend until a dough ball forms.
- Lay out a 2 foot length of plastic wrap. Dump the dough onto the plastic wrap and flatten into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until hard.
- Cut into 8 bars. Wrap each bar individually and store in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.