These Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly soft and buttery and so easy to make! This is the quintessential classic chocolate chip cookie recipe!
We have been baking these chocolate chip cookies for the past 25 years. It all started in the 5th grade, determined to make cookies without an adult’s help, where instead of 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 cup of baking soda was added! Whoops! They grew larger and larger in the oven until they covered the entire pan! This learning lesson began our love for cooking. Mastering the ultimate chocolate chip cookie was extremely important, and we are happy to share that recipe with you today. This is the only recipe you’ll ever need for chocolate chip cookies. It is perfectly soft and sweet, chocolate chip cookie perfection!
Parchment Paper vs. Nonstick Cooking Spray:
When baking cookies, it is preferable to use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat because it not only prevents the cookies from sticking to the pan, but it does so without adding any extra grease. Nonstick cooking spray does leave a slightly greasy feel to the bottoms of your cookies.
Chocolate Chip Options:
The type of chocolate chips you use is a matter of personal preference. Both semi sweet and milk chocolate chips will work in this recipe, or you can use a combination of both. You can also use chocolate chunks or even white chocolate chips!
This cookie dough can easily be frozen. For best results, shape into balls and freeze on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag for long term storage, up to 3 months. When ready to bake, place cookie dough onto baking sheet and let thaw while oven preheats. Bake approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Reheating Instructions for Rachel’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Warm gooey cookies are a wonderful treat. For that fresh out of the oven heat, you can put these cookies in the microwave for 15-second intervals until warm.
Store your cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. However, they never come close to lasting that long in our house!
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Rachel’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until it forms a nice dough. Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Take two tablespoons of dough and use your hands to quickly shape into a dough ball and place on the prepared cookie sheets, twelve cookies per pan. This recipe makes 24 cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until just kissed with brown. Do not over bake.
- Remove pan from oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled store in an airtight container.