Easy Pumpkin Bars call for your favorite Autumn flavors and spices, and are topped with an amazing homemade cream cheese frosting. This dessert is a fall favorite!
As far as we’re concerned, anything with a cream cheese frosting is meant to be consumed year-round and in large quantities. While pumpkin bars may seem like a seasonal dessert, we are here to tell you that you should never let anyone judge you for your love of pumpkin outside of the Autumn season. That being said, pumpkin puree is so easy to find in the Autumn months, that we do tend to go a bit pumpkin crazy this time of year. These bars are a must-make dessert, and perfect to bring to your next gathering!
Can I make Easy Pumpkin Bars without a hand mixer?
You really need some form of a mixer to be able to cream the butter, oil, and sugar together, so this is not a recipe that can be done well by hand. You can use a stand mixer if you do not have a hand mixer.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
There is nothing quite as delicious as homemade cream cheese frosting. If you are in a hurry and need to cut some corners, you can always use store-bought frosting.
If you would like to add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to your pumpkin bars, just sprinkle them on top of the batter after smoothing out into your baking sheet before baking. You will want to use approximately 1 cup of toppings.
If you would like to make a big batch ahead of time, you will simply want to let your bars cool completely before slicing, storing in a freezer-safe ziplock bag, and placing in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to consume, let thaw on the countertop completely before topping with cream cheese frosting.
Store pumpkin bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious cookie and bar recipes:
- Heavenly 7 Layer Bars
- The Ultimate Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Luscious Lemon Bars
- Perfectly Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Pumpkin Bars
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 13×18 baking sheet.
- In large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together sugar, butter and oil, about 1-2 minutes. Add in eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin, then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ground ginger, and flour until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture a little at a time and mix. Once all is added in, mix for 30 seconds more to ensure all is mixed well.
- Pour mixture on to the greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, until slightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Let cool completely and then frost. Give a light dusting of the pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together for 1 minute.
- Add in the heavy cream and whip on high for 2 more minutes until the frosting has become more fluffy.