Heavenly 7 Layer Bars are full of chocolatey, butterscotch, goodness. They are crunchy and sweet and so easy to make. Your family is going to love them!
We love desserts that feed a crowd. If it can be made in a 9×13 pan, we are all over it. You see, we’re the kind of family that doesn’t want just one tiny serving of dessert, we want the option to go back for seconds without having a fork fight with the kids over who gets it. 7 layer bars give you all of that crunch and chocolatey, coconut-y flavor that you’re craving. Trust us, it’s addictingly good.
Salted vs. Unsalted Butter:
We highly recommend you use salted butter in this recipe. If you need to use unsalted, you will want to add 1/4 teaspoon salt to your melted butter.
We understand that nut allergies are a real thing, and so many are omitting nuts to play it safe. Pecans in this recipe are completely optional and can be left out for any reason.
We love the added texture and sweetness the coconut brings to this recipe. If you do not love coconut, you can always leave it out.
Substitutions for Heavenly 7 Layer Bars:
Make a peanut butter twist on this recipe and substitute peanut butter chips for the butterscotch chips, and peanuts for the pecans! It’s amazing!
You need to let these bars fully set before slicing and serving. Either let them cool in the refrigerator or set for a few hours.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or zip-top bag for up to 5 days.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious dessert recipes:
- Easy Classic Creme Brûlée
- Gooey Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Honey Roasted Caramel Corn
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
7 Layer Heavenly Bars
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips , dark or milk chocolate
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup Heath toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans , or walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in 9×13 baking dish in oven at 350 degrees until it becomes brown and bubbly, remove from oven and carefully add the graham cracker crumbs into the melted butter pushing the crumbs into the melted butter with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, toffee bits, nuts and then coconut onto the crust.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over all the layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Let cool completely for a few hours, slice and enjoy!