A cheesy pepperoni pizza dip made with a cream cheese base and topped off with pizza sauce, plenty of gooey cheese, and lots of mini pepperonis!
This cheesy baked Pizza Dip is a quick and easy dip recipe that’s always a hit at any party or potluck. Made with four (yes, four!) different kinds of cheese, marinara sauce, and plenty of pepperonis, pizza lovers will go crazy for this Pepperoni Pizza Dip.
For those of you who could eat pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and don’t forget dessert pizza for dessert!), you can now enjoy it as a warm, gooey dip.
How Do I Make Pizza Dip
As with most of my favorite dip recipes, this one starts with plenty of cream cheese. Combine your cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and some of your mozzarella cheese in a large bowl, and add garlic powder and crushed red pepper, for a bit of flavor and heat.
Spread this into the bottom of a pie plate or 9″ cast iron pan, and make sure you spread the mixture to the edges of the pan (you’re going to layer with marinara sauce, and you don’t want that puddling into the sides of the pan).
Finally, top your pizza dip off with mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese and plenty of pepperonis (though you can certainly leave them off for a vegetarian friendly pizza dip). I used mini pepperonis, but standard sized ones would work just as well.
Can I Make Pizza Dip in Advance?
Absolutely! You can prepare the pizza dip in advance (don’t bake it) and cover tightly with cling wrap. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator, and then you can pull it out and bake when you are ready to serve.
Just a word of caution: if you prepare the dip in a glass pie dish or other glass container — a drastic temperature change from cold to hot can actually make some glass dishes shatter, so rather than taking your dish straight out of the refrigerator and putting it right into a 375F oven, I recommend letting it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or so before baking.
And that’s it, enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my incredible Jalapeno Popper Dip, too!
How to Make Pizza Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup pizza/marinara sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Mini pepperonis
- Corn chips, crackers, and/or toasted baguette slices, for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine softened cream cheese, ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and crushed red pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir well, until completely combined.
- Spread evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9-10" pie plate or cast iron pan, making sure to press mixture up against the sides of the pan.
- Spread evenly with marinara sauce.
- Cover with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Top with mini pepperonis.
- Bake on 375F for 25-30 minutes
- Serve while hot, crispy baguette bites, crackers, and corn chips are all great dipping options!
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!