A cheesy pepperoni pizza dip made with a cream cheese base and topped off with pizza sauce, plenty of gooey cheese, and lots of pepperonis!
If you are looking for a fun dish to serve up at a party or for Friday movie night, look no further! This Easy Baked Pizza Dip is so easy to make and never fails to please. It comes together quickly and easily and can be baked whenever the time is right. It’s made with four different kinds of cheeses and calls for lots of mini pepperonis and marinara sauce. Delicious! This dip is a pizza lover’s dream—be sure to follow the dip with some yummy dessert pizza!
To make this dip, you will start by combining cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and some mozzarella cheese. Then you will add garlic powder and crushed red pepper, for a bit of flavor and heat. Spread this into the bottom of a pie plate or 9″cast iron pan, and make sure you spread the mixture to the edges of the pan (you’re going to layer with marinara sauce, and you don’t want that to puddle up in the sides of the pan). Top your pizza dip off with mozzarella and cheddar cheese and plenty of pepperonis. You can use either mini pepperonis or full size.
Can I add other toppings?
Yes. You can make this dip like any pizza, and add some or all of your favorite toppings. Olives, mushrooms, onion, peppers, and sausage are all great options.
What do you dip in pizza dip?
This pizza dip knows no bounds! It goes great with crackers, chips, bagel bits, french bread, breadsticks, rolls and even veggies. In fact, if you are looking for a gluten-free or keto option, just select a diet-friendly marinara sauce, and you can use bell peppers or any other vegetable to dip with instead of bread—trust us, it tastes good on almost anything!
Is this pizza dip spicy?
This dip isn’t particularly spicy, but there is a little heat in the pepperonis, and also from the red pepper flakes. You can omit the red pepper flakes if you would like it a little less spicy.
What if I don’t have a skillet? What do you bake it in?
We’ve made this dish in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. You can also make it in a 9×9 pan, 2 ½ quart baking dish, or even a 9-inch pie plate.
Can I make this pizza dip in advance?
Absolutely! You can prepare the pizza dip in advance (don’t bake it) and cover tightly with plastic wrap. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator, and then you can pull it out and bake when you are ready to serve. How convenient is that?
- A word of caution: A drastic temperature change from cold to hot can actually make some glass dishes shatter, so rather than taking your dish straight out of the refrigerator and putting it right into a 375F oven, we recommend letting it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or so before baking.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Baked Pizza Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 cup pizza/marinara sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- Baguette slices, crackers, or chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Set aside a 9-inch cast iron skillet, 9×9 baking dish, 2 1/2 quart casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Stir well, until completely combined.
- Spread evenly into the bottom of the ungreased baking dish making sure to press mixture up against the sides of the pan.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. Cover with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Top with pepperonis.
- Bake in the 375F degree oven for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese starts to brown.
- Serve while hot, crispy baguette bites, crackers, and corn chips are all great dipping options!
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!