Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs are moist with the most delicious, crispy skin, topped with an orange glaze sauce. Add some coconut rice on the side to make this an amazing meal!
We might be having a love affair with chicken thighs. Oh my heavens, we just can’t get enough! The other night we realized there was nothing planned for dinner. As a food blogger, how in the world does that happen? Well, it happens more often than you might think. That’s when inspiration kicked in. We browsed through the pantry and half-empty fridge searching for ideas. Luckily we found chicken thighs.
Toss in some oranges, coconut milk, and rice, and we knew we’d have a dinner on our hands. It turned out awesome. We were worried that the skin might get slimy instead of crispy, but heavens, it turned out amazing. It was a nice combination of sticky and crisp. Oh baby! We served it up with a little coconut rice which gave a nice, sweet accent to the spicy zest of the chicken.
How do you make coconut rice to serve on the side?Coconut rice is super easy to make. Take 1 1/2 cups of rice, add in 1 can of coconut milk (which is 2 cups), and 1 cup water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
Can I use boneless skinless chicken thighs for orange glazed chicken thighs?While technically you could use boneless skinless chicken thighs, it would not be as juicy or flavorful and you would miss out on that delicious crispy skin. We recommend you stick to the original recipe and use bone in and skin on chicken thighs.
Reheating and Storage Instructions:Reheat any leftover chicken thighs in the oven for optimum flavor and juiciness. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place chicken thigh(s) into a baking dish sprayed with oil. Cook until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious chicken recipes:
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Best Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Easy Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken
- Mom’s Chicken Cacciatore
Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange zested
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non stick cooking spray. If you want to be fancy, line the bottom of the pan with orange slices (optional).
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, orange zest, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place your chicken thighs skin-side up in the prepared baking dish. Pour half of the glaze over the chicken thighs.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes. Take the remaining glaze and pour it over the chicken.
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. The skin will get nice and crisp and browned.