This Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken is a simple, easy dinner idea that will get a tasty dinner on the table fast.
Looking for an easy dinner idea? Look no further! This chicken is easy to make and uses spices you probably already have in your pantry. This recipe is flavorful and will easily become a family favorite. It can be made either in a skillet, or take it out to the grill for some spring and summer backyard barbecue action.
What kind of skillet should I use?
A heavy bottom skillet will provide the most even heat distribution. Cast iron pans work great for skillet cooking, but you can use other pans as well like stainless steel or nonstick. Choose a skillet that has a thick, heavy bottom to it.
My Other Recipes
What temperature does chicken need to be cooked to?
Chicken needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. The actual time that it takes to reach that temperature varies based on the amount of heat applied and the size and thickness of your piece of chicken. Cuts of chicken do vary in size so use a meat thermometer for the most accurate results.
Can I use chicken breasts in this recipe?
Yes, you can! Boneless skinless chicken breasts will work great in this recipe as well. The cooking time will change slightly, depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts. Chicken always needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
If you like this recipe, check out these other easy chicken dinner ideas:
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Tequila Lime Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes
Easy Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, salt, paprika, pepper, cayenne pepper, and parsley. Sprinkle generously over chicken thighs.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Sear chicken until golden brown 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add minced garlic and lime juice. Continue cooking chicken until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, coating chicken with juices.
- Serve hot with lime wedges or slices and chopped fresh parsley to garnish (optional).
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!