Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken is a quick, easy one pan recipe with a delicious sauce that will have you licking your fingers! Best served with pasta, brown rice or quinoa.
This recipe is one of our favorite dinners, and every time I make it the family can’t get enough. What’s not to love about chicken thighs and sun-dried tomatoes in the most delicious, creamy, garlicky sauce? I don’t even need anything on the side because that sauce is enough to make me lick the pan clean!
This is a really easy, one pan recipe which makes us love this even more because who doesn’t like easy cleanup?! And because the list of ingredients is so small, this creamy sun dried tomato chicken doesn’t need a ton of planning. As long as you have some sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and chicken lying around, you are good to go.
Chicken Options:We love this recipe with bone-in chicken thighs, but you can always use chicken breasts. It is always more flavorful with the bone-in, but you can also use boneless.
Sun Dried Tomatoes:We are using a lot of sun dried tomatoes in this recipe because when they simmer in this sauce, they become really soft and the juices from them are what makes this sauce so delicious. Make sure to use sun dried tomatoes out of a jar or can with oil.
Serving Suggestions:I love serving this creamy sun dried tomato chicken with sauteed brown sugar bacon green beans and slow cooker mashed potatoes or you can just go ahead and serve this with pasta. It really just depends on your mood!
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious chicken recipes:
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Classic Chicken Marsala
- Mom’s Chicken Cacciatore
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken
- 6 bone-in skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil from sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat, and add chicken thighs. Sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes on either side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan and add garlic, thyme and chilli flakes. Saute for a minute or two and add sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook covered for 20-25 minutes till the chicken is cooked through. Check after 15 minutes and add a little broth if necessary.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan and simmer for a minute or two before switching off the flame. Serve immediately.