Tequila Lime Chicken Pasta is fun, vibrant, and full of flavor. This easy weeknight dinner is a complete meal with meat, veggies, and pasta all in one amazing dish. And the tequila burns off so it’s family friendly too!
I’ve been meaning to give you guys this recipe for years! In fact, I can’t believe it isn’t already on my site! I fell in love with Tequila Lime Chicken Pasta more than a decade ago at California Pizza Kitchen. It’s kind of like Cajun Chicken Pasta meets a citrus party in your mouth. I’m a huge fan of it. This is my home style version of the restaurant favorite. And boy, is it good!
This pasta is a complete meal. It’s got meat, veggies, and of course pasta so everyone will fill up and no side dishes are required. Weeknight meal anyone? It’s super flavorful. Now, if you aren’t an alcohol sort of person, the tequila does burn off so there’s no ID required for this dish, but if you are still uncomfortable, substitute some chicken broth in place of the tequila.
You can make this recipe with almost any pasta really. I prefer fettuccine for its thick noodle. Spaghetti, linguine, and even a bowtie or penne pasta would work just fine too. Feel free to experiment with your family’s favorite pasta shape. The lime slices on top add a fun and pretty garnish, but they are totally unnecessary for the dish. The cilantro though? Well, I’m a huge cilantro fan so that cilantro garnish is a must for us.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe from start to finish, just like a cooking show. I have my own cooking show on YouTube where I share all of the recipes you see here on the blog. You should check it out and subscribe!
Tequila Lime Chicken Pasta
Tequila Lime Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 multi-colored bell peppers sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Place chicken into a small mixing bowl. Pour soy sauce over chicken and set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the pasta.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, chicken stock, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 2 tablespoons tequila. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Let simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in chicken and sear for a few minutes until it turns white.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Add bell peppers and onion in with the chicken. Saute until the vegetables are tender crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in the tequila sauce and stir to combine.
- Add in cooked pasta and heavy cream. Turn off the heat and toss together to combine. Serve hot with sliced limes and freshly chopped cilantro for garnish (optional).
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!