This Eggless Spaghetti Carbonara is the perfect way to get your carbonara fix without the eggs. And it’s ready in just 15 minutes so it’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
Spaghetti Carbonara is one of those classic pasta dishes that is straight up comfort food. Plus, bacon. Right? For some reason I have lots of friends who are a little freaked out by the thought of putting raw eggs into the pasta. While the eggs definitely get cooked by the heat of the pasta in traditional carbonara, they still get a little worried. Then there are the friends and family with egg allergies! I decided to come up with an egg-free version of spaghetti carbonara so that everyone can enjoy this delicious meal at my table.
Watch the video to see exactly how I make this recipe, including some tips to help you along your way. You can also check out the rest of my YouTube Channel where I have hundreds of recipes videos for your enjoyment (and to make you salivate!)
Eggless Spaghetti Carbonara
- 1 pound bacon diced
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Put diced bacon in a cold skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon bits from pan and grease and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove most of the bacon grease from the skillet, reserving about 1 TB in the pan. Return the pan to heat and add in the butter and let melt. Add in the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in salt and heavy cream. Pour cooked and drained spaghetti noodles into the skillet and toss to coat. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot topped with crisp bacon and parsley to garnish.