What cut of steak should I use to make mongolian beef?
What does it mean to slice the meat against the grain?
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
15 Minute Mongolian Beef
- 1 to 2 pounds flank steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into long strips. Put the strips into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes until meat is evenly coated.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Add in the olive oil and sear the meat until desired level of doneness is reached (2 to 3 minutes for medium rare).
- Top with green onions (optional). Serve hot over cooked rice or rice noodles.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!