Tips for Heating Milk
Milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate?
Feel free to alter the kind of chocolate chips you use. Some prefer all milk chocolate, while others prefer it to be quite dark. Mix and match for your perfect taste. You can even use white chocolate chips for a fun twist!
Decadently Thick Italian Hot Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in cornstarch until combined and melty. If you want the hot chocolate thicker, use the maximum amount of cornstarch.
- Add in milk and sugar. Increase the heat gradually to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, turn the heat down to low and add in the chocolate chips. Stir constantly until well melted.
- Serve hot. Keep the leftovers because it is also amazing, if not better cold!
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!