This recipe for Honey Roasted Carrots is an easy and delicious way to enjoy carrots. It takes just minutes to get this easy vegetable side dish into the oven.
Roasted veggies are seriously the best. They are a great side dish to just about any dinner, and help us balance out the meal. We like to rotate our veggies so we don’t get bored from eating the same thing over and over again, as well as to get that well rounded nutritional balance from different vegetables. Honey roasted carrots have been a delicious addition to our veggie rotation. We know it’s good when our kids gobble them up without any complaints, and bonus, it takes practically no time at all to get them prepped and in the oven. Win win!
Do you need to peel the carrots?
The peel on carrots is perfectly safe to eat. You do, however, need to be sure to wash them well. Carrots grow under the ground and will have dirt and debris on them. Rinse them thoroughly. You can choose to peel your carrots for aesthetic reasons or to thoroughly remove any dirt.
Carrots can be part of a healthy diet. They are full of antioxidants, essential nutrients, and vitamin A. Carrots also have a good amount of fiber, minerals and other vitamins besides vitamin A in them. The old saying that carrots are good for the eyes is true, but they will not help you gain night vision they will only help you not lose your eyesight.
Carrot Options for Honey Roasted Carrots:
Any kind of carrots will work in this recipe. You can use multi-colored carrots, whole carrots, or baby carrots. You can choose to roast your carrots peeled or unpeeled.
This recipe will also work with whole carrots, or carrots cut into smaller bite-sized pieces. We recommend that you cut your carrots into at least 2 inch pieces for easier eating. You can slice them at a slight angle for a prettier presentation.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious vegetable side dishes:
- Best Roasted Cauliflower
- Best Roasted Broccoli Ever
- Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Bread Smashed Potatoes
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 12 carrots tops removed
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice carrots, at an angle, into 2 to 3 inch pieces. Transfer cut carrots to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter and honey over carrots and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are caramelized and tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired.