This Roasted Cauliflower is easy to make and brings out the best flavor in the cauliflower. Everyone loves this simple, healthy side dish!
Really, all vegetables should be roasted. While we like plenty of veggie recipes that don’t include roasting, we never quite love them. Roasting gives cauliflower the perfect amount of browning and crispiness, and it is simply delightful. Honestly, it upstages the main course half the time, but maybe that’s just us. We love our veggies in The Stay At Home Chef household, and it’s not hard to see why once you try this parmesan, lemony, garlic perfection.
Cauliflower is packed full of fiber and B vitamins. Fiber can help support lower cholesterol levels, control blood sugar, and has a good amount of phytonutrients and antioxidants that many believe can help fight off disease.
What does cauliflower taste like?
The taste of cauliflower is not strong and is very mild-tasting with a little bit of a nutty flavor. This means it takes on the taste of its seasonings well. This recipe does a great job at enhancing cauliflower’s natural taste with an amazing parmesan, lemon, and garlic flavor.
How to cut cauliflower for The Best Roasted Cauliflower:
- Use a sharp knife to slice the entire head of cauliflower in half lengthwise to expose all of the florets.
- Trim around the edges of the stem and leaves, and cut off all of the florets.
- Discard the center stem and green leaves.
- Break up any large chunks of florets by hand, or use a knife to cut them into smaller pieces.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftover cauliflower in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other easy vegetable side dishes:
- Best Roasted Broccoli Ever
- Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Honey Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- Easy Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
The Best Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 large heads cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet and toss with the garlic slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in an oven at 425 degrees until cauliflower is tender crisp (about 15-20 minute).
- Remove from oven and drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked cauliflower and sprinkle the lemon zest and Parmesan cheese over it. Serve hot!