You can make Easy Oven Roasted Tomatoes using either plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes. Quick and easy oven roasted tomatoes add flavor to any meal!
How long can you keep roasted tomatoes in the fridge?
Roasted tomatoes should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They will stay good for approximately 3 to 5 days.
What kind of tomatoes should I use to make oven roasted tomatoes?
You can use either cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes. If using plum tomatoes, they should be sliced in half lengthwise.
What are plum tomatoes?
Plum tomatoes are any Italian variety of tomato that is shaped like a plum. In groceries stores in the United States, roma tomatoes are the most common variety of plum tomatoes.
10 Ways to Use Roasted Tomatoes
- Add roasted tomatoes to your salad to give it a burst of flavor
- Top some roasted chicken breasts with roasted tomatoes.
- Toss some roasted tomatoes in any pasta dish. Pasta primavera
- Use your roasted tomatoes to make salsa!
- Add roasted tomatoes to your sandwiches. Great to add to deli meat sandwiches and grilled cheese!
- Use roasted tomatoes to make soup or make homemade roasted tomato soup.
- Top your pizza with delicious oven roasted tomatoes.
- Use roasted tomatoes instead of fresh to make bruschetta.
- Add roasted tomatoes in a quiche.
- Enjoy your roasted tomatoes as its own side dish. Sprinkle a little parmesan on for extra goodness.
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. For plum tomatoes, slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise. For cherry tomatoes, leave whole.
- Lay tomatoes out onto an un-greased baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle garlic cloves throughout. Season with sugar and salt and toss to coat. Spread out into a single layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes for cherry tomatoes, and 35 to 40 minutes for plum tomatoes.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!