This simple Tomato Salad has a healthy balsamic vinegar dressing. Don’t let the simplicity fool you, it’s full of flavor!
What kind of tomatoes should I use to make tomato salad?
Cherry and grape tomatoes are both great options for making tomato salad. You can also dice up heirloom tomatoes, romas, and other garden tomato varieties. They will all work great in this recipe, though cherry and grape tomatoes produce the prettier result.
My Other Recipes
Can I add cheese to tomato salad?
Yes you can! This recipe would go well with 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, or some fresh mini mozzarella balls. Just be warned that the dressing will discolor the cheese so it is best to add the cheese right before serving.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious salad recipes:
- Easy Cucumber Salad
- Healthy Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Dill Pea and Cucumber Salad
- The Best Macaroni Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe, including tips and tricks along the way. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Healthy Balsamic Tomato Salad
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 10 large basil leaves chiffonade or roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut all of your grape or cherry tomatoes in half and place into a large mixing bowl. Place basil in with tomato mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over tomato mixture. Toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature, or chill for 2 hours before serving.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!