Classic Ham Salad has the perfect blend of salty, creamy, crunchy, and so much flavor! We love this as a dip served with crackers, and especially on a croissant sandwich.
We love these classic American recipes from the 50s. Just one bite and you’ll be reminiscing over ham salad lunches with grandma on her back porch drinking sun tea. Honestly, we just love the simplicity in the ingredients and how easily this comes together. Some quick meals just aren’t as satisfying, but classic ham salad will not disappoint.
Ham Salad is extremely versatile. It is super popular served up as a dip with your favorite crackers or bread. However, there is nothing quite like a ham salad croissan’wich. If you’re looking for a healthier option, we love the additional crunch when made into a lettuce wrap.
Can I use leftover cooked ham?
Yes, this recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked ham.
Can I use a food processor to blend this all together?
Definitely. If you like a smoother texture, go ahead and pulse all of this together in a food processor. If you like more of a crunch from the onion and relish, skip the processor and mix by hand.
Ham salad, if properly contained in an airtight bag or container, should last approximately 5 days in the refrigerator.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Classic Ham Salad
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 3 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Roughly chop the diced ham and hard boiled eggs until nearly minced. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in mayonnaise, relish, minced onion, lemon juice, and dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and add more salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.