This Simple Grilled Chicken Recipe has a lemon, garlic, and herb marinade that makes for the absolute best grilled chicken. You’ll make this recipe again and again!
This recipe for Grilled Chicken Breasts is so simple, but packs a lot of flavor. It can be made on a gas grill, charcoal grill, or indoors on a grill pan or electric grill. Mix and match the herbs with fresh or dried herbs of your choice to switch things up. The lemon and garlic will pair well with almost any herb combination so you can experiment to your hearts desire.
My Other Recipes
How long do you cook chicken breast on the grill?
The amount of time necessary to cook chicken breasts thoroughly depends on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. An average chicken breast takes somewhere between 10 and 14 minutes on a grill over medium-high heat to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, or 5 to 7 minutes per side.
How do you make grilled chicken without a grill?
You can grill chicken indoors using a grill pan or electric grill. Our favorite grill pan is made out of cast iron. Well seasoned cast iron can bring a lot of flavor to your food.
Can I use this recipe for grilled chicken thighs?
Yes! This recipe can be used to make grilled chicken thighs. Depending on the size and thickness of your chicken thighs, you may need to increase the grilling time on this recipe to ensure that the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you liked this recipe, you may be interested in these other Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Chipotle Peach Glazed Grilled Chicken Breast
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Thigh Skewers
- Margarita Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- Quick Grilled Lemon Chicken Tenders
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Simple Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 lemons juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place chicken breasts into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Heat an outdoor grill over medium-high heat, about 400 degrees.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!