Summer! It’s the time for peaches, kids running through the neighborhood, and backyard barbecues.
This spicy chicken fits right in with all things summer. It brings a sweet heat to your outdoor grill. I use mine all the time. The grill makes it so easy to churn out healthy, flavorful, and satisfying meals. I love to indulge in all the fresh produce that summer brings and this recipe has a lot of it. You could serve this chicken along side other simple fresh summer produce, or even slice it and serve it on a salad. It would go great with corn-on-the-cob, grilled watermelon, my triple fruit salad, or even a more adventurous watermelon-avocado-cucumber salad. Keep summer meals light, bright, and absolutely delicious!
I’ve made a video to wet your appetite. Be sure to click play to watch it. I have a whole YouTube Channel full of delicious, restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. Be sure to subscribe to it so you can follow along. I put out 3 new videos every week so there’s always fresh content to keep you from going hungry.
Chipotle-Peach Glazed Grilled Chicken Breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 peach, peeled
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl. Season chicken breasts on all sides with the mixture.
- In a food processor, puree peach, chipotle, and lemon juice to make a glaze. Set aside.
- Make the relish by combining diced peaches, bell peppers, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Spoon a tablespoon of the glaze over and toss. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side, brushing with the glaze every two minutes. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve chicken hot topped with peach relish.