Skip the County Fair and make your own delicious homemade Funnel Cake at home! It’s easy and delicious!
Is funnel cake mix and pancake mix the same thing?
Funnel cake involves a very basic batter recipe. While this particular recipe doesn’t make the best pancakes, you CAN use pancake mix to make funnel cake batter.
My Other Recipes
Can you put funnel cake batter in the fridge?
Yes! Funnel cake batter will stay good in the fridge for about 24 hours so you can make funnel cakes when you are ready. It will start to discolor towards the end of that time frame.
What are good toppings for funnel cake?
- Powdered sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Apple Pie Filling (or other pie fillings)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Strawberries and Whipped Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in this other County Fair inspired recipes:
- Churro Funnel Cakes
- S’mores Funnel Cake
- Hand Dipped Corn Dogs
- Steak and Potato Nachos
- Mac and Cheese Burger Buns
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Country Fair Funnel Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Pour in milk, water, and vanilla and whisk until well blended. Add in sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine. Add in flour and whisk until smooth
- Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet with 1/2 to 1-inch of oil. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Transfer the batter to a funnel or squeeze bottle. If using a funnel, plug the spout with your finger and lade into about 1/2 cup at a time. Drizzle into the hot oil in a spiral motion until all batter has been used.
- Fry for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet to drain.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!