Steak and Potato Nachos combine three of your favorite comfort foods into one amazing and indulgent skillet dish. Eat it as a drool-worthy appetizer, or as a hearty and full dinner.
Sometimes you just need something totally delicious and comforting. This is exactly that. Your mouth is about to explode with happiness. I’m telling you, this is just pure deliciousness. You can eat it as an appetizer for sure, but we kept sitting down and eating it as a full on meal.
In this recipe I call for flank steak. You can also use skirt steak, sirloin, or even a New York strip. All of them will work great in this recipe so you can stick to buying what is on sale, or whichever cut is your favorite.
Watch the video where I show you exactly how to make this super indulgent recipe. Trust me: you HAVE to make this one. It’s totally a dish you can fall in love with. You can also check out my YouTube channel where I share cooking videos every week. That channel can keep you busy for hours with restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home.
Steak and Potato Nachos
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound flank steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- sour cream and salsa for serving
- Place waffle fries into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over and sprinkle paprika, garlic salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread waffle fries out in an even layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake fries at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper. Get a heavy skillet heating over high heat until it is sizzling hot.
- Place steak in skillet and cook until desired level of doneness is reached, about 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare. Let steak rest 10 minutes and then slice and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Place hot waffle fries into the bottom of an oven safe skillet or baking dish. Top with steak pieces. Cover with shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheeses.
- Place in the 425 degree oven, or under the oven’s broiler setting, until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.