Inspired by Disneyland’s delicious Churro Funnel Cakes, this is an easy and decadent dessert. Spiral churro goodness topped with freshly whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.
When I saw that Disneyland started serving up churro funnel cakes I knew that this was the kind of goodness I needed to make at home. Instead of just making a regular funnel cake and dipping it in cinnamon-sugar, I’ve taken a traditional funnel cake batter and swirled it up, topping it with the same deliciousness served at Disneyland: whipped cream and caramel. This decadent treat is super easy to make and makes such a fun dessert. This should hold me over until I make my next trip to Disneyland. We had annual passes and went almost every week for two years. Now it’s been almost that long since we’ve been! Yikes! I’m already gearing up for a trip this fall.
Don’t believe me that it’s easy? Watch the video to see just how to make this yummy churro goodness for yourself!
My Other Recipes
Churro Funnel Cakes
Churro Funnel Cakes
- 4 cups vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Heat the oil in a large pot to between 350 and 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make the dough by heating water, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large saucepan. Once the butter is completely melted and the mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat and stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Add in the eggs one at a time, stirring and mashing the dough together until the egg is fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip.
- Working one at a time, pipe the dough directly into the hot oil in a spiral motion, pinching the dough off once the desired size has been reached.
- Cook until dough puffs and turns golden brown, turning halfway through so both sides evenly cook. This should just take 2 to 4 minutes total. Carefully remove from oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate to drain for 30-60 seconds.
- Put the cinnamon and sugar into a shallow dish. Dip the cooked funnel cakes into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and coat both sides. Shake off excess.
- Serve immediately topping each one with whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!