Graham Cracker flavored funnel cake with homemade marshmallow sauce and homemade chocolate sauce.
This mouthwatering concoction consists of a fluffy funnel cake, marshmallow drizzle, chocolate sauce and Graham Crackers, topped with more marshmallows and more chocolate shavings. It’s the kind of treat dreams are made of really. You don’t have to go to the county fair to get a funnel cake of epic proportions. You can enjoy it from the comfort of your own home. Now, because I cook everything from scratch, I’ve included recipes for homemade marshmallow sauce and homemade chocolate sauce. Sure, you can just go buy them from the store, but I’m truly in love with homemade. It always taste better when it is made from scratch, with love. Feel free to deck it out with extra marshmallows, crushed graham cracker, and chocolate pieces. Can you really have too much s’mores?
Watch the video to see just how to make this tasty treat.
S’mores Funnel Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Chocolate Sauce recipe below
- Marshmallow Sauce recipe below
- Chocolate for garnish
- Mini-marshmallow for garnish
- Crushed graham cracker for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Pour in milk, water, and vanilla and whisk until well blended. Add in sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and stir to combine. Add in flour and whisk until smooth
- Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet with 1/2 to 1-inch of oil. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Transfer the batter to a funnel or squeeze bottle. If using a funnel, plug the spout with your finger and lade into about 1/2 cup at a time. Drizzle into the hot oil in a spiral motion until all batter has been used.
- Fry for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet to drain.
- To serve, drizzle funnel cake with chocolate and marshmallow sauce. Dust with crushed graham cracker and sprinkle with mini marshmallows and additional chocolate chunks or shavings as desired.
Homemade Marshmallow Sauce
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Cook over high heat, swirling the pan, until the mixture comes to a boil. Cook to 240 degrees, about 4 to 5 minutes, until syrup reaches the soft-ball stage.
- Meanwhile, place the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat until frothy. Add in cream of tarter and salt. Beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the hot syrup into the whipped egg whites slowly while mixing at a medium speed. Continue beating until mixture can hold its own shape. Pour in the vanilla during the final few seconds of beating. Transfer to a heat safe container and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve.
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, sugar, and evaporated milk. Stir to combine over low heat.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Blend the mixture for about 2 minutes using a blender, hand mixer, or immersion blender.