Eat your feelings with these Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. It’s a 3 ingredient dessert that fulfills all those late night cravings.
I love easy desserts. This one is an “eat your feelings” dessert at its finest. It’s super easy to make and it’s one of the most popular flavor combinations in the world: chocolate and peanut butter. You can’t go wrong with this. It’s like eating a giant Reese’s candy bar and it’s amazing.
I’d like to say these last a few days sitting on the counter, but let’s face it, they don’t. They get consumed well before they ever have a chance to go bad.
This picture and recipe has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. Crazy, huh? While most of the people that make it have no problems and enjoy this decadent dessert, here a few troubleshooting tips:
Depending on the brand of peanut butter you use it may require more powdered sugar than listed. Add enough powdered sugar to get a thick consistency that will hold a shape. Natural peanut butters work in this recipe as well as chunky peanut butters.
For this recipe you can use either milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Cheap chocolate produces terrible results so be sure to choose good quality chocolate chips. Some of those store brands of chocolate chips are actually chocolate flavored chips which makes a big difference. I personally use Ghirardelli or Guittard Milk Chocolate.
What you see in the picture didn’t require any special cutting method. If they are refrigerated for a long time and get too cold, they will be very difficult to cut. Once the chocolate has hardened, these bars can be stored at room temperature which means they should cut easily.
This is either your pan or your chocolate. I have used a glass pan as well as a metal nonstick pan with no problems. I do not line it or spray it with anything. Some pans, especially ones with scratches, cause sticking problems, as well as cheap chocolate. If you are worried, line the bottom of your pan with wax or parchment paper.
If you liked this recipe, you may also be interested in these other dessert recipes for chocolate peanut butter lovers:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Milkshakes
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
- Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
- 6 Ingredient Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars – 3 Ingredient Dessert
- 4 cups chocolate chips about 2 bags
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Melt 1 bag chocolate chips in the microwave (15 seconds, stir, repeat until melted smooth).
- Spread chocolate in bottom of a non-stick 9×9 pan. Let harden.
- Use a hand mixer to mix together 1 1/2 cups peanut butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Spread over hardened chocolate.
- Melt 1 more bag of chocolate chips.
- Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Let harden.