I love easy desserts. This one is an “eat your feelings” dessert at its finest. It’s super easy to make and it’s one of the most popular flavor combinations in the world: chocolate and peanut butter. You can’t go wrong with this. It’s like eating a giant Reese’s candy bar and it’s amazing.
I’d like to say these last a few days sitting on the counter, but let’s face it, they don’t. They get consumed well before they ever have a chance to go bad.
This picture and recipe has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. Crazy, huh? While most of the people that make it have no problems and enjoy this decadent dessert, here a few troubleshooting tips:
1. Peanut Butter Problems: Depending on the brand of peanut butter you use it may require more powdered sugar than listed. Add enough powdered sugar to get a thick consistency that will hold a shape.
2. Chocolate Problems: Cheap chocolate produces terrible results. Some of those store brands of chocolate chips are actually chocolate flavored chips. Big difference. I personally use Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate. I have found that they melt and harden in a variety of uses. What you see in the picture didn’t require any special cutting method. If they are refrigerated for a long time and get too cold, they will be very difficult to cut.
3. Sticking Problems: This is either your pan or your chocolate. I have used a glass pan as well as a metal nonstick pan with no problems. I do not line it or spray it with anything. Some pans, especially ones with scratches, cause sticking problems, as well as cheap chocolate. If you are worried, line the bottom of your pan with wax or parchment paper.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars - 3 Ingredient Dessert
- 2 bags 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Melt 1 bag chocolate chips in the microwave (15 seconds, stir, repeat until melted smooth).
- Spread chocolate in bottom of a non-stick 9x9 pan. Let harden.
- Use a hand mixer to mix together 1 1/2 cups peanut butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Spread over hardened chocolate.
- Melt 1 more bag of chocolate chips.
- Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Let harden.
If you liked this recipe, check out my new 3 ingredient dessert…Chocolate Pretzel Caramel Bars.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!