Lately I’ve developed a loving obsession with chicken thighs. They are just way too good. The skin gets gloriously crispy, the meat always tender and juicy….heaven! They are super easy to make. I serve them with warm tortillas and a vegetable to make myself feel good. I smear the tortillas around in the drippings on my plate and I swear I’m in a trance. Don’t think you can handle skin and bones? Think again my friend. These are amazing! With chipotle trending in the food world, you should be able to find chipotle chili powder in a nearby grocery store. That picture above? Looks burnt, but it totally isn’t. The chipotle is such a dark color to begin with. It’s actually a very deep red. Chipotle chili powder has a nice smokiness that is just so dang tasty, it might be addicting.
8 chicken thighs
2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tablespoons butter
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Lay out the chicken thighs in the prepared pan, skin-side up.
3. Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle generously over the meat.
4. Divide the butter up into 8 little clumps. Place 1 clump on top of each chicken thigh.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes.
My Other Recipes
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!