If you want to control or adjust the spice level in this recipe, you can cut down or eliminate the cayenne pepper all together. You can also try adding in only 1/3 of a jalapeno instead of the full amount. If you want to increase the spice level, I recommend doubling the amount of jalapeno or using a spicier pepper.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe in the very first episode of my cooking show in my newly remodeled kitchen! I’m pretty excited to finally be able to share it with you so be sure to check it out and subscribe so you never miss an episode.
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon gharam masala
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- cilantro for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the greek yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne pepper, pepper, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cubed chicken. Stir until well combined and chicken is coated. Let marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and wipe the pan out before making the sauce.
- For sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan. Add in the garlic and jalapeno and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, and gharam masala and toast for another minute. Add in the tomato sauce, season with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the whipping cream and cooked chicken and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!