Bit-O-Honey blondies truly are a dessert lover’s dream. Infused with the rich, chewy goodness of Bit-O-Honey candies and topped with a generous sprinkle of white chocolate chips, these blondies offer a unique twist on the classic baked treat. Easy to make and irresistibly delicious, these blondies are perfect for serving at family gatherings, parties, or simply when you’re in need of a little sweet indulgence.
Homemade Bit-O-Honey blondies are the caramel-centered dessert you didn’t know you needed. Simple to make, incredibly delicious, and a definite crowd-pleaser.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find Bit-O-Honey candies, any chewy caramel candy should work as a substitute.
Yes, if you choose to use unsalted butter, just add an additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
You can use a 9×9, 8×8, or 11×7 baking pan for thicker blondies. Just remember to adjust the baking time to 55-60 minutes total.
- Dry Blondies: This could be due to over-baking. Try reducing your baking time.
- Too Moist/Gooey: This may be due to under-baking. Check the edges and center for doneness before removing from the oven.
- Caramel Not Melting Properly: Ensure you’re using fresh candies and that they’re microwaved at the right intervals.
Tips From the Chef
- Microwave the candies in intervals to prevent them from burning.
- Do not overmix the batter to ensure the blondies stay tender.
- Avoid overcooking the caramel—it should be soft and gooey, not hard and brittle.
- Don’t rush the cooling process. Allow the blondies to cool completely for the best texture and flavor.
Storage and Reheating
Bit-O-Honey blondies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week. If you want to extend their freshness, refrigerate them for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen blondies in the refrigerator overnight before serving. If you prefer them warm, reheat in the microwave for a few seconds, but be careful not to overheat as the caramel can become extremely hot.