Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast is a quick and easy way to get the most tender, juicy chicken breast with minimal work. Pair chicken with your favorite veggie and rice or potatoes for a totally delicious meal the whole family will love.
Does anyone else feel like they’ve made chicken breasts a thousand different ways? No matter how many times we make it, we never get tired of chicken breast meals because there are always new ways to prepare them. Our one complaint is that it is so easy to overcook and dry chicken breasts out, and no one likes a dry piece of chicken. Thighs? Juicy every time. Breasts? Look away for 30 seconds and it’s already gone dry. Luckily for you, we just had to figure out a quick and easy recipe to give us that juicy meat we crave. The secret is this amazing marinade and the air fryer. Seriously, the longer you marinade the better. We love to start this early in the morning to marinate all day before finally throwing in the air fryer for dinner time. Pair this with your favorite veggie, and rice or potatoes, and you’ve got yourself a well balanced yet totally delicious meal.
Freshly squeezed is always best, but if necessary you can always use store-bought bottled lemon juice.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts?
Unfortunately, you really do need to use a thawed chicken breast in this recipe. We like to put our frozen chicken in the fridge the night before, and it is ready to go by dinner time!
Can I add veggies to Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
So long as you have room in your air fryer basket, you totally can. Simply add them in, alongside your chicken, after the first 12 minutes of cooking time when you flip the chicken.
How long will chicken take to finish cooking?
Cooking time varies depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breast. If using a thinner breast, reduce the time to 10 minutes on each side. If using a thick breast, you may need to go longer than the 12 minutes recommended. Your chicken is done cooking when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer for 100% accuracy.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store chicken breasts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can leave them as whole pieces or shred and save. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments or in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious chicken recipes:
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Pour in lemon juice, olive oil, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, and salt. Shake so that all the chicken gets covered.
- Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in air fryer basket. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken for 12 minutes, flip, and place lemon slices on top. Continue cooking for 10-12 additional minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. How long this takes will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Serve hot. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional).