Sometimes you just need a simple, fresh dinner. This dish is exactly that. You don’t need to be a gardener to enjoy this pasta. It doesn’t even need to be summer! With just 6 ingredients, and only 15 minutes to prep and make, you can have a tasty garden fresh dinner in no time!
Can I use a different kind of pasta?
This recipe calls for spaghetti pasta, but you can use any other kind of pasta you’d like. Other pasta options that would work well this recipe include angel hair pasta, shells, penne pasta, and linguine.
My Other Recipes
What type of tomato should I buy?
Any type of garden variety tomato would work in this recipe. You could use 2 large regular tomatoes, 3 medium sized heirloom tomatoes, 3-4 roma tomatoes, or you could even halve 1 pint of either grape or cherry tomatoes. Different varieties of tomatoes may produce a slightly different flavor, but any tomato will work.
Looking to use up more of those summer garden tomatoes? You may also be interested in these other delicious tomato recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
15 Minute Italian Garden Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta and add it into the large bowl. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve hot or cold.
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on June 17, 2013
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!